Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wordle

What a difference a week makes! Last Sunday we were recovering from a snow storm; today the forecast has temps escalating to near 70 degrees. Woo hoo!

Doughboy is still asleep; therefore, I am looking for ways to quietly amuse myself. I like to take opportunities like this to check in with my favorite blog friends and see what they're doing. While visiting Kate I read her blog post about Wordle.

You can create your own word art using favorite words, or you can link to your blog as I did and let Wordle create a work of art derived from words commonly found in your blog. This is too much fun (I am easily amused). You can take it further by randomizing your word art to let Wordle change the layout, colors, etc. like my example below.

Wordle creates Applets; therefore, if you want to display your Wordle art in your blog as I did, you will need to save it as an acceptable photo type. The first step is to take a screen print; next, copy/paste into your photo editing software, then crop. I saved my image as JPEG using PSE 7.0.

However you spend your day I hope it is enjoyable!

1 comments:

Doughboy aka The Sleepmeister said...

So......let me get this straight. Last Sunday you were up in enough time to cruise fellow bloggers' sites, write this, do a Wordle, and post it by 5:06 AM and you comment that I was still sleeping?
Ya got the Tater on sleeping in.