Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States observed on the last Monday of May. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor soldiers of the American Civil War, it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.

Memorial Day has become traditionally known as the start of the summer season. Picnics, outdoor events, and family gatherings are favorite Memorial Day past-times. For our family, it marked the baptism of Ava Marie. Ava's godparents - Nikki, her husband Jay, and Jason's brother Ryan - traveled from Wisconsin to participate in Ava's big day. Unfortunately, Ava was not feeling her best. She was running a high temperature and nothing, except mommy, could make her feel comfortable. Like the little lady she is, she managed to get through the entire church service without uttering a whimper. Poor baby girl. I may be a tiny bit biased (what grandparent isn't?) but I believe Ava is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen.

Click the arrow to begin the slideshow; once the slideshow has begun, click the square in the lower right corner to maximize your screen. At the end of the slideshow click ESC to return.


7 comments:

Deb said...

How lovely! Ava is beautiful and I love Jamie's new hair cut. You have a beautiful family!

Country Girl said...

Debra! Hello, my friend. I haven't been around and am sorry about that. I love these beautiful portraits. The ones taken outside are exquisite! Hope your days are happy. It sure sounds like it.

Judyann said...

Wonder if you think Ava is the most beautiful baby because she takes after Jamie. I see alot of Jamie in Ava. Love the new haircut too. It's so becoming on Jamie. The picture of you with Pete and Ava is so pretty. Glad you had a nice day.

Nikki S. said...

I had such a wonderful time- thank you again for EVERYTHING! It meant so much to J and I to be down there. I was a mess when Jamie left us at the airport this morning- cried off all of my makeup!

Pam said...

"Baby Girl" is truly beautiful - just like her momma and her momma's momma!

Starwoodgal said...

How precious is that baby!

How have you been Miss Deb?

Unknown said...

What a little angel!